The new Ai SolventVap 0.5-gallon/2L (evaporating flask capacity) series rotary evaporators come with a modular heating bath, vertical glassware, and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. That’s why our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 180 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99°C (210°F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set 0.13 gallon (0.5L), 0.26 gallon (1L) or 0.53 gallon (2 liters) pear shaped evaporating flask, 0.26 gallon (1 liter) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical cold trap condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical condenser are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- No chiller needed, utilizes dry ice for optimal efficiency.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Modular design (individual rotary and water bath modules) for easy future upgrades.
- Easy multi-level manual lift with secure lock for the evaporating flask.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.