FAQs about Isopropyl Alcohol 99 Reagent ACS USP/NF Grade in Cannabis Extraction:
- What sets Isopropyl Alcohol 99 Reagent ACS USP/NF Grade apart from other types? This grade guarantees exceptionally high purity, making it ideal for cannabis extraction, ensuring minimal contaminants and ensuring compliance with both laboratory and pharmaceutical standards.
- Why is Isopropyl Alcohol 99 Reagent ACS USP/NF Grade used in cannabis extraction? Its high purity level ensures efficient extraction of cannabinoids, terpenes, and other cannabis compounds. It’s also favored for cleaning equipment because it can effectively remove residues.
- Is Isopropyl Alcohol safe for consumption? No. It is imperative that any residual isopropyl alcohol is thoroughly purged from cannabis extracts before consumption, as it is not safe for ingestion.
- How does this solvent compare with other extraction solvents like ethanol or CO2? Each solvent possesses unique properties affecting extraction efficiency, selectivity, and safety. While isopropyl alcohol is efficient and affordable, it needs careful handling and thorough purging due to its non-edible nature.
- Are there specific storage guidelines for this grade of isopropyl alcohol? Being highly flammable, it should be stored in a cool, well-ventilated space away from ignition sources. Keep it in a tightly sealed container to prevent contamination and evaporation.